SEO King® does not provide search engine optimization training for Webmasters or Employees of third-party SEO and Marketing Firms. Our services are exclusively designed to help the small business owner to succeed using:
- Proper Website Design
- Quality Web Hosting
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing
Given the scope of our services, here are some General Principles that every small business owner should consider when developing an Internet business strategy.
- Ensure that the company name you have selected does not infringe on the corporate identity of an existing company.
- Check for trademark conflicts with your name both nationally and within your state.
- Ensure that your domain name - your company name - is available and not already in use by an existing company of the same name.
- Design your Logo around your company vision.
- Unless you are the only one using your website, do not build the website for you. Forget "Bells and Whistles" and Instead, build your site first and foremost for your Visitors; account for load times, aesthetics, ease of navigation and the overall quality of the prospects experience.
- When building your website, ensure that the web design firm you use understands the importance of clean code for usability by your visitors.
- Ensure that your website design layout and navigation is user- and search engine-friendly.
- The dumbest mistake made by to many national and Tampa design firms, and we see it all the time, Include your Phone Number on EVERY page in a highly visible location! If you're hiding your phone number, your losing money!
- Your website is not just a business card! Your design should always include a "Call To Action"!
- Ensure that your company website uses effective, unique and relevant Titles for each page of your website.
- Use proper descriptions that accurately and uniquely describe the content of each page of your website.
- Properly use accurate and unique Meta Tags for each page of your website.
- Use alt tags within your code that accurately describe the image.
- Write effective content for your Visitors that is unique and expressed in your own words. Do not use hidden text or "Grayed Out Hard To Read" information in any manner. If it's not worth making easy to read, it's not worth having on your web page.
- Do File for Copyright Protection for your content, images and website code.
- Never use a Flash Animation "Splash Page". You will lose 45 to 75% of your hard-earned prospects before they even get to your content.
- Never use sound when you target audience is a consumer. We like to shop while on the clock at work. Nothing will make use close a web page faster than blasting music, voices or sound effects!
- If you are planning to market your website on the Internet, never build a website using only Flash Animation.
- Use Flash Animation to complement your content and design only where it is appropriate.
- Avoid building internal and external links within images. Instead, focus on traditional static links using a clear navigational hierarchy.
- When linking out to other sites, ensure that the sites you are linking to offer legitimate value to your visitors and that the links out are relevant to the topic of the page from which you are linking. Linking out from your website is a Good Thing!
- Do not build Doorway Pages to "scam" search engines. Instead, think of each page of your website as a Doorway into your Business. Ensure that every page of your site is relevant to the searchers' needs, offers value and meets the suggested tips located on this page and within the search engine's own website guidelines.
- Pop-ups create a poor experience for your visitors. Whenever possible, avoid their use entirely.
- Always monitor your website for broken links and links to bad neighbors.
- Avoid using 302 Redirects. Internal links should simply be changed to point to the new page and a 301 redirect should be implemented. External links should be changed to link directly to the new page.
- Ensure that you create a sitemap of your website and make it easily accessible from all of the pages on your site.
- Keep the number of links on a given page to a reasonable level. Search engines recommend no more than 100. However, if thinking from a visitors perspective, a more reasonable number would be 30 - and not more than 50 including navigation.
- Never use cloaking or other such methods to deceive the search engines.
While there are many other issues, which could most certainly be addressed here, we recommend that you visit some of the sites located in our links section for more detailed educational resources.